In cataract surgery, or other lens-replacement procedures, vision is improved by replacing the eye's natural lens with an intraocular lens (IOL). IOLs come in different powers and sizes to compensate for each patient's individual needs. For best vision after cataract surgery, precise measurements must be taken to determine which IOL to implant. The IOLMaster is a high-precision instrument revolutionizing all previous techniques and setting a new standard for IOL calculations, called optical biometry.
Optical biometry using IOLMaster does not subject our patients to any discomfort. No local anesthesia is required and there is no risk associated with taking the measurements.
The IOLMaster is a high-precision instrument.
Why we've invested in the IOLMaster:
- The difference between good vision and great vision after cataract surgery can be attributed to the diagnostic technology used to calculate the appropriate IOL. This technology provides our patients with the opportunity for the best possible visual outcome.
- The IOLMaster is a great advancement in IOL calculation.
- The risk of confusing right and left eye measurements is eliminated with this technology. The IOLMaster automatically detects the right or left eye while taking the measurement.
- Axis length, corneal radii and anterior-chamber depth of the eye are measured with the IOLMaster. Three instruments integrated into one location provides our patients with a higher level of comfort.
- Measuring the eye with the IOLMaster takes less time than using ultrasound, the traditional form of measurement that requires anesthesia.
For more information about the IOLMaster go to: www.zeiss.de