Tayson DeLengocky, D.O.
Post-Graduate Medical Education:
South Texas Retina Consultants, LLP., Corpus Christi, T.X. www.strc.cc
Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery - August 2007 - July 2009
Preceptors: Charles Campbell, M.D. and Ivan Batlle, M.D.
Touro University Medical Education Consortium
Interfaith Medical Center, Brooklyn, N.Y. & St. John’s Episcopal Hospital South Shore, Far Rockaway, N.Y.
Ophthalmology Residency - July 2004 - June 2007
Chairman: Wally Kopelowitz, M.D.; Program Director: Steven Sherman, D.O.
Department of Neurology and Ophthalmology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, M.I.
Fellowship in Clinical Neuro-ophthalmology - July 2003 - June 2004
Preceptors: David Kaufman, D.O, Eric Eggenberger, D.O., and Sunita Yedavally, D.O.
Botsford General Hospital, Michigan State University, Farmington Hills, M.I.
Traditional rotating internship - July 2002-June 2003
Director of Medical Education: Vance Powell, D.O.
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, T.X.
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine August 1998-May 2002
University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry with Honors August 1992- May 1996
Bond Eye Associates, Peoria, I.L. www.bondeye.com
Vitreo-Retinal Diseases and Surgery Starting 09/01/2009
Vietnamese American Medical Association Convention CME Program
Boston, M.A. September 18-20, 2009.
CME Session Moderator
Meet the Experts:”Photodynamic Therapy”
sponsored by QLT, Fort Lauderdale, May 2, 2009
Macugen Clinical Roundtable, Dallas, T.X. Oct 17-19, 2008
Honors & Awards:
University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Dean’s List in Fall 1998 & Spring 1999.
- Dean’s Scholarship
- Outstanding Performance in Biochemistry
- Sigma Sigma Phi-National Honorary Fraternity
University of Texas at Austin
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- Natural Science College Scholar
- Dean’s Honor List
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi (Top 5% of Juniors)
- A.D Hutchison Student Endowment Fund Scholarship
- C.A Domaschk and D.D. Wheat Memorial Scholarship
- Chemistry Celanese Scholarships
- Laurence Baker Memorial Scholarship
- University Co-op Book Scholarship
- Virgina Smith Steffler Memorial Scholarship
Professional Memberships and Leaderships:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (ACOO-HNS)
- American Osteopathic Association
- Intern/Resident member to the Bureau on International Osteopathic Medical Education and Affairs (BIOMEA) 2008-09
- American Medical Association-Texas Medical Association/Medical Student Chapter vice-president
Professional Publications, Lectures, and Posters:
- Delengocky, T; “Push for M.D. program at UNTHSC sends wrong message.” Fort Worth Business Press Editorial. May 4, 2009. lhttp://www.fwbusinesspress.com/display.php?id=10116
- Delengocky T; “Tarrant County should defend its osteopathic medical school.” Star-Telegram-Fort Worth Editorial. March 23, 2009. http://www.star-telegram.com/245/story/1274846.html
- DeLengocky T; “Osteopathic Medicine in the USA: Time to become a Distinctive Leader in the Mainstream Medicine.”; Journal of The Texas Osteopathic Medical Association, LXVI, 3:46-48, May/June 2009.
- Batlle IR, DeLengocky T, Presentation: “Monocular Visual Loss: CRAO due to hyperhomocysteinemia”, Midwest Ocular Angiographic Conference (MOAC), Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada.
- DeLengocky T, Bui MC; “A Case of Complete Oculomotor Ophthalmoplegia with Pupillary Involvement as an initial Clinical Presentation of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus.”J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2008;108(10):615-621.
- Poster: “First Case of Complete Third Palsy with Pupillary Involvement in Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus” at Eastern Regional Osteopathic Convention , April 19-22, 2007
- Poster: “Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus “at Eastern Regional Osteopathic Convention, April 8-10, 2005
- Poster: “Malignant Pseudotumor Cerebri” at Convention of American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, May 4-7, 2006
- DeLengocky T. “Vision Problems in America,” “Glaucoma” and “Diabetic Retinopathy.” Journal of The Texas Osteopathic Medical Association, LX, 4: 7-16, April 2003.
- DeLengocky T. “Estrogen’s Effects on Female Body, Brain, and Mood.” Journal of The Texas Osteopathic Medical Association, LVIII, 1:8, January 2001.
Continuing Medical Education:
- Alcon’s Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Program for Retina Fellows and Advanced Vitreroretinal Techniques & Technology, Chicago, I.L., August 21-23, 2009.
- The 93rd Annual Clinical Assembly in Ophthalmology by ACOCOO-HNS, Austin, T.X., May 8-10, 2009.
- Ophthalmic Coding College, Dallas, T.X., March 14th, 2009.
- 9th Annual Retina Fellow’s Forum. Chicago, I.L. January 30-February 1st, 2009.
- Convention of American Academy of Ophthalmology, Atlanta, G.A., November 9-11, 2008.
- Advanced Vitreoretinal Techniques & Technology South West Conference, San Antonio, T.X., June 20-22, 2008
- Convention of American Academy of Ophthalmology, New Orleans, L.A., November 8-12, 2007.
* Subspecialty days: Retina
* Micro-Incision Vitrectomy Surgery Transitional Course
* Advanced Vitreoretinal techniques & Technology
* Ocular Ultrasound Course, Uveitis and Retinal Detachment
- The 91st Annual Clinical Assembly in Ophthalmology by ACOCOO-HNS, Sarasota, FL, May 2-6, 2007.
* Botox course
* Endocyclophotocoagulation (ECP) Course
- Current Concepts in Ophthalmology 2007, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.,January 17, 2007.
- Convention of American Academy of Ophthalmology, Las Vegas, N.V., November 10-12, 2007.
- Seminar of “Selective Laser Trabeculectomy” by Lumenis, Brooklyn, NY, October 17, 2006.
- Complementary Ophthalmic Residents Education by Alcon, Baltimore, MD, October 13-15, 2006.
- ACOCOO-HNS Mid-Year Seminar, Philadelphia, September 9-10, 2006.
- Alcon’s Continuing Professional Education , Fort Worth, August 17-19, 2006.
- Introduction to regional anesthesia for ophthalmic surgeries, Anesthesia Dept of Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, June 17, 2006.
- Scientific Symposium 2006, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, June 8, 2006.
- Harvard Intensive Cataract Course, Boston, MA, June 3-4, 2006.
- Columbia Basic Science Course in Ophthalmology, Manhattan, NY, January 3-27, 2006.
- Complementary Ophthalmic Residents Education by Alcon, Philadelphia, PA, November 11-13, 2005
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Baltimore, MD, August 21-25, 2005.
- Refractive Excellence by the Dulaney Foundation, Manhattan, NY, November 6, 2004.
- Weekly lectures, Greater New York Ophthalmology Clinical Lecture Series, Manhattan Eye, Ear, & Throat Hospital, Manhattan, NY. 2004-06.
- Weekly OKAP review course, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Manhattan, NY, 2004-06.
- Monthly conferences, Consortium of Osteopathic Residencies in Ophthalmology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 2003-04.
- Convention of American Academy of Ophthalmology, Anaheim, C.A., November 15-18, 2004.
* Subspecialty day: Neuro-Ophthalmology